Sigma Designs unveils its SMP8910 Series Secure Media Processors: SMP8910 SMP8911
The SMP8910 with integrated studio-quality VXP® video processing provides a highly-integrated, high-performance solution for premium Blu-ray 3D players. It supports all the audio decoding options, video decoding options, and content protection requirements for Blu-ray players. The Secure Media Processor architecture offers advanced content protection, supporting a wide variety of Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Conditional Access (CA) solutions.
Studio-quality VXP® video processing is included, offering fully adaptive deinterlacing, adaptive 3D noise reduction, mosquito noise reduction, block artifact reduction, adaptive detail enhancement featuring sharpness and texture enhancement with overshoot control, adaptive debanding, and adaptive contrast enhancement.
3D Video decoding of a variety of 3D Video formats is also featured, including Blu-ray 3D. Support for legacy, current, and future 3DTVs is provided by supporting a variety of 3D Video output formats.
The high-performance 3D graphics available on the SMP8910 enables dynamic and customizable user interfaces by supporting the flipping, rotating, warping, and moving of images.
The new features (compared to SMP8650 / SMP8640 Series):
- Integrated VXP® video processing improves video quality of SD, HD, and Internet content, eliminating the need for a separate video post-processing solution
- Decodes a wide variety of 3D Video formats, including Blu-ray 3D, H.264 MVC, RealD, Sensio, TDVision
- Outputs a wide variety of 3D Video formats, enabling support for legacy and current 3DTVs
- 80% faster host CPU with L2 cache, improving user interface and Internet performance
- High-performance 3D graphics enables rich, fast user interfaces
- Supports eMMC NAND flash, lowering BOM cost
The new media processor targets Blu-ray players, media player, HDTV, Google TV and IPTV/cable/satellite gateways. As usual there will also be a cheaper version without Macrovision called SMP8911.
The video codecs supported remain the same as previous versions: MPEG-4.10 (H.264) SMPTE 421M (VC-1), WMV9, MPEG-2, MPEG-4.2, AVS Jizhun, DV, RMVB v9 and v10.