Qualcomm Snapdragon Mobile Development Platform Available
Qualcomm has just announced the SnapDragon Mobile Development Platform (MDP) distributed by BSquare is now available for purchase.
The development platform (SKU: EA-OBQ8655MDPAN) is based on Snapdragon MSM8655 and comes with Android 2.2. It costs 995.00 USD.
- MDP device (preloaded with Qualcomm’s Deep Sea 3D UI, Qualcomm’s Power Profiling application (Trepn Profiler), 3D Graphics Adreno Profiler, Tactel’s Navigation application and SouthEnd Interactive’s ilomilo OpenGLES Game)
- 8GB SD card
- USB cable
- Battery charger
- Quick Start Guide
- One hour of support
Here are the MDP Technical Specifications:
- MSM8655 1 GHz central processing unit (CPU)
- 3.8″ WVGA Display
- HDMI port
- Multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- WVGA 3D/2D capable
- Adreno™ 205 graphics processing unit (GPU)
- 12MP Camera/Camcorder
- 720-pixel HD video decode and encode
- Stereo 16mm loudspeakers
- 512 MB of RAM (2x 32b ports)
- 4GB on-board Flash
- Keys: On/off key, Rotary wheel, including key press, Up to 6 side keys for emulating OS-specific keys, Camera button with half-press
- Micro USB, USB charging
- 3.5mm audio/video jack
- Mini SDIO
- SIM/micro SD combo connector
For further details, please check out Qualcomm MDP Product Brief.
For software development, please refer to Resources for Qualcomm Snapdragon: MSM7x30, MSM8x55, MSM8x60 and QSD8x50 and What is Augmented Reality ? How to develop Augmented Reality applications ?