HTC Releases OpenSense SDK
HTC recently released OpenSense SDK, a framework encompassing all available HTC SDKs as well as features that will be offered in the future for HTC Sense user interface.
- Common Controls API: UI widgets and components that will provide developers with the ability to provide the Sense UI look and feel to their applications.
- Stereoscopic 3D (S3D) API: API documentation and sample code that illustrates how to programmatically enable the 3D display mode of the parallel barrier based screen for various types of applications. This API is provided as part of the phone add-on extension to the Android SDK.
- Tablet Pen API: API documentation and sample code for providing a framework for fully fledged drawing and painting applications as well as full access to the pen events at a low level. This API is provided as part of the tablet add-on extension to the Android SDK.
API documentation and sample code are provided as part of both the phone and the tablet add-on extensions to the Android SDK. The documentation and sample applications are also available only on HTC OpenSense SDK Page.
Later on, additional features and additions will be supported by OpenSense SDK.
The Opensense SDK 1.0 (HTCOpenSenseSDKv1.0.zip) can now be downloaded free of charge. All you need to do is to register at http://htcdev.com/devcenter/opensense-sdk
Before using the SDK, you have to make sure to meet the following pre-requisite:
- JDK for Java SE 6 – http://oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads
- Android SDK – http://d.android.com/sdk
- Eclipse (Optional)
- ADT Plugin for Eclipse – http://d.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html (If Eclipse if used for development)
If you are using Windows XP, you may refer to our previous blog post entitled Install Android SDK in Windows XP.
HTCOpenSenseSDKv1.0.zip contains 5 files:
- addon_htc_phone_ext_1.0.zip – Phone Add-on extension
- addon_htc_tablet_ext_1.0.zip – Tablet Add-on extension
- addon_htc_phone.xml – repository xml file for phone add-on extension
- addon_htc_tablet.xml – repository xml file for tablet add-on extension
- README.txt – Add-ons installation instructions