Myriad Alien Vue Brings Android to Your TV
Alien Vue is a solution that enables TV service providers to add apps to their existing managed service offerings, in order to respond to over-the-top (OTT) content distribution channels from Apple, Google and others. It is compatible with apps developed using HTML5 and most Google TV apps such as YouTube, Netflix and Twitter apps.
The release includes an app store developed in conjunction with AppCarousel that can be fully be customized / branded by service providers. Myriad Alien Vue also supports additional plug-in components like Myriad Connect & Share, providing multi-screen functionality for personal and premium content.
Alien Vue allows to leverage existing TV and set-top box equipment and works with mobile phones and tablets to give users control over their TV experience.
Alien Vue is comprised of two main components:
- Alien Runtime– embedded device software that runs each application and supports:
- Minimal Application Development – enables many applications to run unmodified
- System Portability – low memory footprint supports system portability and the use of unnecessary components
- System Compatability – easily integrated to sit alongside other enviroments
- Alien App Eco-System– a fully managed service, providing OEMs, service providers, application stores and automotive manufacturers with access to:
- Application Store – a fully customizable application store environment, comprising of the latest Android applications
- Developer Resource – documentation and tools to assist developers in optimizing applications for specific Alien environments
- Application Management – sourcing of apps and application store management
Myriad will be showcasing Alien Vue, demonstrating Android apps on TV for the first time at CES 2012 January 10-13.
In the meantime, you can check out the demo below:
Further information may be found on Myriad Alien Dalvik page.