Idolian IdolPad Android 2.3 Tablet Sells for 99 USD
Idolian has just announced the IdolPad Tablet, an Android 2.3 (gingerbread) Tablet featuring a 7″ multitouch resistive touchscreen and powered by an unnamed ARM cortex A9 processor @ 1Ghz (I guess this is the AmLogic 8726) with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB Flash.
Here are the specs of the device:
- Operating System: Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Processor: 1 GHZ Cortex A9 (AmLogic 8726?)
- RAM: 512 MB DDR3
- Screen: 7″ Multi-Touch Resistive Touch Screen, 800×480 Resolution
- Flash: 4 GB
- External Flash: Supports up to 32GB micro SD
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g
- Micro USB: 2.0
- HDMI output tp to 1080p
- 1.3 MP front camera
- Multi-Touch & G-Sensor Technology: 3D Accelerometer
- Battery: 3500mAh (4-6 hours)
- Dimensions: 197 mm x 124 mm x 14.29 mm
- Weight: 362 grams.
The Idolian IdoPad does not support GPS nor Bluetooth.
You can watch the Tablet in action in the video below (Warning: Potentially annoying background music…)
The device sells 99.99 USD, the same price as the Ainol Novo 7 Basic Android 4.0 Tablet based on Ingenic’s JZ4770 MIPS processor and the Ainol Novo7 Paladin will even sell for 89 USD. The Ainol tablet seems better on paper (would it just be for the capacitive touchscreen), but it cannot be purchased yet, and I’ve read there will be a steep 60 USD shipping fee. Free UPS shipping (in the US) is available for orders over 100 USD at Idolian.
You may find further information on Idolian IdolPad Product page.