Trimble Yuma: A Military-Grade Rugged Ubuntu Tablet
The water- and dust-proof tablet meets the military MIL-STD-810F standard and run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS netbook edition, although the company said other Linux distributions are available on request with a minimum purchase agreement or engineering fee..
Here are the Yuma Trimble specifications:
- Processor: Intel Atom Z530 1.6 GHz processor
- Memory: 1 GB DDR2
- Storage: 32 GB Solid State Hard Drive
- SDIO memory slot
- ExpressCard 34mm slot
- Display: 7″ widescreen 1024×600 WSVGA 650 nit
- Standard Batteries: Dual hot-swappable Lithium-Ion batteries, 2600 mAmp each
- Extended Batteries: Dual hot-swappable Lithium-Ion batteries, 5100 mAmp each
- I/O: USB 2.0 port (x2), 9-pin serial port (RS-232), DC power port, 32-pin docking, external GPS Antenna via Vehicle Docking Station
- Integrated Bluetooth: Billionton Bluetooth v. 2.1 + EDR Compliant Class 2 (2.5 mW)
- WiFi: Intel WiFi Link 5100 (CCX)
- Integrated GPS: SiRF STAR III, WAAS capable
- Weight: ~1.2 Kg.
- Certifications: MIL-STD-461E (RE102, RS103), RoHS compliant, MIL-STD-810F, IP67, TUV, C-Tick (Australia/New Zealand), FCC (US), CE (EU), IC (Canada), Section 508 compliant, CCXv4
The Trimble Yuma is currently available for sale for a whooping 3695 USD (That’s after 304 USD discount… military and industrial certifications cost a lot). Further information is available on Trimble Yuma page.