Advantech RSB-4210: Freescale i.MX53 Single Board Computer
Advantech has just launched the RSB-4210, a fanless and heatsink-less RISC Single Board (RSB) powered by Freescale i.MX53 (Cortex A8) with 512 MB DDR3 and 2 GB NAND Flash. This board can operate in industrial temperature range (-40 to 85° C) and targets industrial control, digital signage, HMI/kiosk, medical, and portable applications.
- Freescale ARMCortex-A8 i.MX536 @ 800MHz
- Supports OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenVG 1.1 hardware accelerators
- Supports full HD 1080p video decode and HD 720p hardware video encode
- Video Output
- LCD support with resolution up to 1920×1080 (default 800×480) via LVDS connector
- Touch, UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, GPIO, USB
- Supports SATA storage interface and CAN-bus for vehicle applications
- Dimensions – 146 x 102 x 20 mm
- Power – 9 ~ 24 V DC with 3-watt power consumption
- Operating temperature – -40 ~ 85° C
If you don’t mind about the industrial grade temperature range, you can use Freescale i.MX535 clocked at 1 GHz instead.
Advantech provides BSP for Android, embedded Linux 2.6 and Windows Embedded Compact 7, as well as application-oriented support package, complete with testing and evaluation capabilities. An off-the-shelf evaluation kit is also available and includes:
- LCD kit (including touchscreen)
- Test cables
- Power adapter and accessory package
- DVD-ROM with system upgrade/maintenance utilities, SDK, system test utility, user manual, and COM design guide.