Collabora and Fluendo Release GStreamer SDK 2012.5 Amazon
The SDK aims at easing the integration of Gstreamer into projects and provides a pre-built version of the framework which is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
GStreamer is used in many Linux applications such as media players (Rhythmbox, Banshee and Amarok), video editors (PitiVi), and media centers such as XBMC among other applications. It’s also often the framework used to play videos on ARM platforms with implementations for OMAP 4/5 and devices compliant with the OpenMAX standard.
Gstreamer website has also been updated and provides links to download GStreamer SDK and documentation on the home page.
The new documentation looks pretty good with fives main sections:
- Instructions for installing the SDK on Linux (Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora), Windows or Mac OS.
- 11 basic and 2 advanced tutorials.
- A guide to deploying applications.
- Details about releases such as system requirements, features and known issues.
- GStreamer API documentation which is still incomplete for now.
GStreamer developers also announced that future releases of the SDK will support Android, iOS and possibly other platforms.