Google Unveils $249 Samsung Exynos 5 (Cortex A15) Chromebook
Back in April, we already knew Google was working on a Chromebook codenamed ‘Daisy’ based on the latest Samsung Exynos 5 Dual Cortex A15 processor, and finally, Google officially announced their first ARM based Chromebook yesterday.
The specifications of the new Chromebook are as follows:
- SoC – Samsung Exynos 5 Dual Core Cortex A15 Processor @ 1.7 GHz with Mali T-604 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 16 GB SSD
- SD Card slot
- 100 GB Google Drive Cloud Storage (Free for 2 years)
- Display – 11.6″ LED panel (1366×768)
- Video Out – HDMI
- Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0 compatible (But Bluetooth does not seem to be present in the device)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 host ports
- Camera – Front VGA camera
- Battery – 6.5 hours typical use (No capacity info)
- Weight – 1.1 kg
There’s no Ethernet contrary to what we may have been led to believe earlier this year. This netbook is completely silent, and it does not have any moving part, not even a cooling fan.
The new Chromebook (which strangely does not have a proper name yet, but is sold as model number: XE303C12) can be pre-ordered in the US and the UK for respectively $249 and 229 GBP. Further details and links to online shops can be found on Google website.
Via: OMGChrome (and Sander)