Rockchip RK3066 UG802 mini PC is Now Available for Just $46.50
Earlier today, a reader left a comment about a mini PC based on RK2908 sold for $40 including shipping on Ebay. No bad! But since I hadn’t checked mini PCs on Aliexpress for a few months, I decided to have a look for cheap devices. The cheapest sold by a company with decent feedback is the IP872 ($34 including shipping), but it’s based on an ARM11 chip (Infotmic IMAPX 200) and runs Android 2.3, so I don’t find it that interesting. There are also some AllWinner A10 mini PCs that cost just above $40 including shipping, but then I found one company selling UG802 for $46.50 including shipping via China Post. It’s quite shocking that the price halved within 3 months, and this makes single core mini PC that less attractive, unless you want to run Linux (Ubuntu, Debian…) which is not yet supported by RK3066.
The device sold by Shenzhen Realtime M&c appears to be the standard UG802 HDMI TV Stick:
- Operation System – Google Android 4.0.4 ICS
- SoC – Dual ARM Cortex-A9 process.UP to 1.6GHZ,Mali-400MP4 Quad-core GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash , micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Networking – WiFi 802.11b/g/n 10/100Mbps with internal Antenna
- USB – 1 x USB 2.0 Host, 1 X micro USB Host
- Video Codecs – Mpeg1/2/4, H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM8/9/10, VP6
- Video Containers – MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM/RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc
- Audio Codecs – DTS,AC3, LPCM, FLAC, HE-AAC
- Audio Containers – MP3, OGG, WMA, WMAPRO
- Power – 90-230V,50/60Hz input, max. power: 30W, Output: 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.1X3.8×1.3cm
- Weight – 38g
The device ships with a USB cable and a user manual in English, but no power supply.
At this price, the only device that may dethrone UG802 could be the Hiapad Hi802 (aka GK802) with Freescale Quad Core i.MX6Q and both Android JB and Linux support, although it will probably cost at least twice as much once it becomes available later this month.