Diyomate A5 Dual Core Android Set-Top Box Powered by Infotmic iMAPx820 Processor
I’ve been tipped off about a new Android set-top box – Diyomate A5 Dual Core – that features Infotmic iMAPx820 dual core A5 SoC @ 1 GHz with Mali-400 GPU, 1 GB RAM & 4 GB Flash, and runs Android 4.0.3.
Here are the specs of this media player:
- SoC – Infotmic 820 dual Cortex-A5 + dual core Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + SD card socket
- Video Output – HDMI and composite
- Audio Output – HDMI and Stereo audio output
- Video Codecs – H.263, MPEG1/2, MPEG-ASP, MPEG-AVC(H.264), VC-1, RV, AVS, MJPEG/JPEG, VP8, MVC, VP6(FLV), ETC
- Audio Codecs – MP3, WMA, M4A (AAC), WAV, OGG, LPCM, FLAC, AC3 and DTS
- Ethernet – 10/100Mbps
- Wi-FI – 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Host ports
- Power supply – 5V/2A AC Adaptor
- Dimension – 98*98*20 mm
- Weight – 160 grams
Beside featuring 2 Cortex A5 cores up to 1.2 GHz and a Mali 400MP GPU up to 400 MHz, iMAPx820 also has the following features:
- FULL-HD(1080P) video decoder/encoder with varied video formats
- JPEG Decoder & Encoder
- 72 channels GPS Baseband
- 12m Pixels ISP (Image Signal Processor)
- Dual Display processors and display ports
- MIPI CSI, CAMERA IF
- HDMI1.4A, RGB / I80 / TV_IF, MIPI DSI
- Memory Controller for DDR/DDR2/DDR3 & LPDDR/LPDDR2
- USB2.0 HOST *2 & OTG *1
- SATA 2.0
- Memory Access HW acceleration engine, 2D Graphic Engine
- Security Engine - Supports many typical algorithms & safe boot
The processor is manufactured with a 40nm process and comes in a TFBGA package (17×17 mm) with 0.65 pitch.
You can read infoTMIC iMAPx820 Introduction (PDF) for more information about this processor. This processor has some interesting features such as SATA, dual display support…, but I very much doubt we’ll ever see any GPL source code released for this processor as I’m pretty sure infoTMIC and the few Chinese companies using their solution could not care less.
Diyomate A5 Dual Core only seems to be available to distributors for now, and costs $43 for 1k orders. There is however a similar set-top box (but with 512MB RAM) that sells for $81.66 on Aliexpress. There’s also an upcoming Diyomate A8 set-top box based on Rockchip RK3066 ($46 / 1k order). However, I would probably never buy any Diyomate products after I’ve read several comments on my Diyomate A6 TV BOX post that indicate the box has quite a few annoying bugs, the firmware file is hard to get, and you can’t do much about it as they blocked access to ADB with a password in that particular media player.