$159 CuBox Pro: Open Source Development Platform Based on Marvell ARMADA SoC
Back in 2011, SolidRun unveiled the CuBox, a miniature open source development platform based on Marvell Armada 510 SoC (88AP510) and aimed at applications such as multimedia, set-top-box, network attached storage (NAS), thin client, digital signage, automation… SolidRun has now announced an upgraded version called CuBox Pro based on the same platform but with 2 GB RAM, and a redesigned casing.
- Marvell Armada 510 SoC – 800 MHz dual issue ARM PJ4 processor, VFPv3, wmmx SIMD and 512KB L2 cache.
- 2GByte DDR3 at 800MHz
- 1080p Video Decode Engine
- OpenGL ES 2.0 graphic engine
- HDMI 1080p Output (with CEC function)
- Gigabit Ethernet, SPDIF (optical audio), eSata 3Gbps, 2xUSB 2.0, micro-SD, micro-USB (console)
- Standard Infra-red receiver for 38KHz based IR controllers.
- No JTAG required. Unbrickable for Developers (i.e. you can’t brick the device to the point you have to physically remove the flash, burn it and solder it again to repair it)
- Linux based distributions like Ubuntu, Debian and others
- Chrome with flash 10.1
- Gstreamer with GPU acceleration
- XBMC Media Center