Texas Instruments HG3352 Home Automation & Energy Gateway Reference Design
Texas Instruments has recently announced HG3352 Home Gateway Reference Design that can connect to home energy systems, or/and home automation systems. This reference design, powered by TI Sitara AM3352 Cortex A8 processor, supports ZigBee, Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity to allow developers to create home gateways that can interface with multiple systems, products and applications within a smart home.
Here are the key features and benefits of TI HG3352 Home Gateway Reference Design:
- SoC – TI Sitara’s AM3352 ARM Cortex-A8 processor running Linux OS
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 2GB NAND Flash memory
- Single ZigBee device (CC2530) supports ZigBee Home Automation and ZigBee Smart Energy standards.
- WiLink 8.0 solution supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Bluetooth low energy in a single chip.
- 6-channel power management integrated circuit (TPS650250) with dynamic voltage scaling provides high power efficiency.
- Expansion headers give developers flexibility to support power line communications (PLC) and other wireless standards.
- Enabling 6LoWPAN IPv6 wireless connectivity allows developers to create gateways that can connect to new Internet-enabled devices.
HG3352 Home Gateway Reference Design samples are now available (to selected customers?), but the reference design will eventually show up in TI’s eStore for $449 US in Q2 2013. To get more information, visit www.ti.com/gateway-pr-lp.