$49.90 MarsBoard is Yet Another AllWinner A10 Development Board
After the tablet based Gooseberry and Hackberry boards, as well as Cubieboard and the upcoming A10-Olinuxino development boards, here’s another development board based on AllWinner A10 called the MarsBoard that looks very similar to the Cubieboard.
Here are the key features of the board:
- SoC – AllWinner A10 Cortex A8 @ 1 GHz + Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DRAM
- Storage – 4GB Flash + 1x microSD card (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – 3.5mm stereo jack
- USB – 2x USB host port + 1x microUSB
- Connectivity – 10/100 M Ethernet
- SATA Connector
- Headers – 2x 2.0mm GPIO headers. (140 pins in total)
- Power Supply Requirements – 5V/2A
- Dimensions - 80mm x 55mm
There’s also a 3.5mm jack but I’m not sure if it’s just for audio in or out, or for composite output. The website is still in construction (basically a modified copy of Miniand Hackberry) and the specifications do not match exactly the board shown in the picture as they just copied and pasted AK-212 mini PC specifications. [The website has just been updated]. There’s also a page on hotmcu.com where you should eventually be able to buy it (out of stock now) for $49.99 including shipping.
It’s so similar to the Cubieboard, except a few details (e.g. no audio in), that it should be software compatible, and you could just use Cubieboard Quick Start Guide to install your Linux OS of choice.