Ugoos UG007B Rockchip RK3188 mini PC Sells for $74
My very first article about Chinese mini PCs was about Rikomagic MK802, an Android 4.0 HDMI TV dongle with a cortex A8 processor, 512 MB RAM and 4GB flash, and the device was selling for $74 at the time. Ten months later, it appears that for the exact same price you can now buy UG007B, an Android 4.2 mini PC powered by Rockchip RK3188 quad core Cortex A9 processor with 2GB RAM, and 8 GB Flash.
Here are UG007 IIB specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 Processor up to 1.6Ghz + Mali-400MP4 Quad-core GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 8GB Nand Flash + microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Wifi – 802.11 b/g/n (MediaTek 5931 in CDT-K25931 module)
- Bluetooth 3.0 (MediaTek 6622 in CDT-K25931 module)
- 3G support via external USB dongle
- USB – 1 x USB 2.0 Host + 2x micro USB host
- Video Output – HDMI
- Video Codecs – Mpeg1/2/4, H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM8/9/10, VP6
- Video Container Formats – MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM/RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc…
- Audio Codecs – DTS, AC3, LPCM, FLAC, HE-AAC
- Audio Formats – MP3, OGG, WMA, WMAPRO
- Power – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.1×3.8×1.3cm
- Weight – 40g
I could not find information about what’s included in the package.
Onebir, a regular reader (and tip giver), contacted the Aliexpress seller who confirmed the device can be pre-ordered and should be available within 10 days (by the end of the month). Since I found the price to be quite aggressive compared to other quad core mini PCs based on Freescale i.MX6 or AllWinner A31, I decided to look around a bit, and I could even find some online stores selling it for $69.99, but they expect the device to ship within 2 or 3 weeks. Geekbuying also mentioned the device in a blog post a few days ago, but AFAIK it’s not for sale on their site just yet.