IO Technologies Announces $29.99 Baseboard for Cubieboard
The Cubieboard is a low cost development board powered by AllWinner A10 with 512MB/1GB RAM, 4GB NAND and lots of interfaces. However some of processor interfaces are only available via the extension headers, and access to interfaces like VGA and LVDS would normally require some (minor) hardware hacking. That’s why George Ioakimedes (IO Technologies LLC) has decided to design and manufacture a carrier board (baseboard) for the Cubieboard.
The Cubie baseboard provides the following:
- 2mm pitch female sockets to insert the Cubieboard
- All 96 Cubieboard pins brought out to 0.100″ (2.56mm) pitch headers
- 4-pin power header to match optional power input header on Cubieboard
- LVDS header with separate LCD Backlight connector to match low cost LVDS cable
- 4-wire touch screen connector
- Standard 2.5mm DC jack, 12V-18V input
- Onboard 5.0V switching regulator to power the Cubieboard and provide 3A (available on 0.100″ header)
- Onboard 3.3V switching regulator to power LCD and provide 3A (available on 0.100″ header)
- 15W Stereo Class D Audio Amplifier
- VGA circuit and HD15 connector
Some people have complained about the difficulty to handle 2mm pitch header on the Cubieboard, the baseboard fixes this “issue” by bringing Cubieboard signals to 2.56mm pitch headers.
The company provides the schematics and BoM in PDF format, as well as LCD touchscreen driver (USB), and the LCD display’s datasheet in the download section of its website.
The baseboard can be purchased for $29.99 + shipping, but it seems out of stock right now.