Artila Matrix-516 ARM9 Industrial Linux Computer Features 8 RS-485 Ports
Artila Matrix-516 is a Linux-based industrial computer powered by Atmel AT91SAM9G20 CPU (ARM9) with 64MB SDRAM and 128MB NAND Flash inside, and several I/O interface including 8 isolated RS-485 serial ports. This device targets industrial applications, including intelligent transportation system (ITS), building automation, energy-saving system, and factory automation.
- CPU – ATMEL AT91SAM9G20 w/MMU @ 400MHz
- System Memory – 64MB SDRAM
- Storage – 128MB NAND Flash + 2MB DataFlash for system backup (recovery boot) + micro SD socket (Up to 32 GB)
- Network Interface – 2 x 10/100BaseT, RJ-45 connector with 1.5KV magnetic isolation
- TTY(Serial) Ports
- 8 x isolated RS-485 (2500Vrms isolation).
- Connector: terminal block
- Baud Rate: up to 921.6Kbps
- Parity: None, Even, Odd, Mark, Space
- Data Bits: 5, 6, 7, 8
- Stop Bit: 1, 1.5, 2
- USB Ports – 2x USB Host Ports, 1x client port (reserved). Up to full-speed (12Mbps) data rate.
- Digital I/Os – 21 GPIO CMOS/TTL compatible, programmable as input or output.
- Misc – WatchDog Timer, Real Time Clock and Buzzer.
- Power Input – 9 to 48VDC
- Power Consumption – 190mA@12VDC
- Dimensions – 160 x 104 x 32mm
- Operating Temperature – 0 to 70ºC (32 to 158ºF)
- Regulation – CE Class A, FCC Class A
Matrix-516 firmware is powered by Linux (Kernel 2.6.29) and U-Boot 1.1.2. The rootfs features busybox and ipkg package manager. Application can be developed in C/C++, or web apps, programmed with with SQLite + PHP for example, can also run in the board. The company provides a free GNU toolchain for C/C++ developers, as well as examples which are available in Matrix-516 product CD.
Availability and pricing information have not been made public, but surprisingly, I’ve just found one of Artila industrial board (Artila M-506) for 270 GBP on Amazon UK, so M-516 may eventually end up there as well. Further information can be found on Matrix-516 product page.