Promate LumiTab Android Tablet Features a DLP Pico-Projector
Back in 2011 & 2012, we saw some Android products with a pico-projector, including a lightbulb running Android, but pico-projectors never really seemed to be embedded into consumers products. Promate, however, decided to add one of those to one of their Android tablets. Promate Lumitab would just be a typical Android 4.2 tablet with a 7″ touchscreen, a dual core processor (OMAP4460), 1GB RAM, 16GB flash, if it did not also come with a DLP pico-projector capable of outputting an image up to 100″ (254 cm).
- SoC – TI OMAP4460 Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 @ 1.5GHz + PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB LPDDRII RAM
- Storage – 16GB flash, and a microSD slot
- Display – 7-inch IPS display (1024×600)
- Video Output
- mini HDMI
- DLP technology
- 854×480 (WVGA) resolution.
- 35 Lumens,
- Projection size of more than 100 inches, and projection ratioof 1.5
- Audio I/O – 3.5mm stereo output, microphone and stereo loudspeakers
- Cameras – 2MP front and rear cameras
- Connectivity – 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – USB 2.0 high-speed port with OTG support
- Sensors – 3-axis accelerometer
- Battery – 4800mAh Lithium Polymer
- Size – 200 x 115 x 15 mm
- Weight – 379 grams
I’m not quite sure how readable text will be with a 854×480 resolution with an image scaled to 100″, but for a presentation with large characters it may be readable. Watching SD movies would be fine as well… DLP pico-projector technology used in this product is also from Texas Instruments, and the specs look somewhat similar (a little bit better) to their DLP Lightcrafter Pico-projector module.
There’s no availability nor pricing information at this time.