Compulab CM-T335 CoM with TI Sitara AM335x Sells for $27
Compulab, an Israeli company specialized in embedded computing, has just released CM-T335, a family of low cost computer-on-module powered by Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x SoC, and sells for as low as $27 per unit for the AM3352 version (no GPU) for 1k orders. The module is available in commercial, extended and industrial grades, and features up to 512 MB RAM, and 1 GB Flash.
- SoC - Texas Instruments AM3352 CPU @ 275MHz, or AM3354 @ 600MHz + PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- System Memory – 128MB to 512MB DDR3-1066, 16-bit bus width
- Storage – 128MB to 1GB on-board NAND flash, 8bit, SLC
- Display – 24-bit Parallel display interface – up to 1366 x 768
- Touchscreen – 4/5/8-wire resistive touch-screen support, capacitive touch-screen support through SPI interface
- Ethernet – 1000Base-T Ethernet interface implemented with AM335x integrated MAC and the Atheros AR8033 RGMII PHY
- WiFi – 802.11b/g/n implemented with TI WL1271 chipset
- Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x OTG USB2.0 high-speed port, 4x USB2.0 host high-speed ports
- Serial Ports – Up to 5 UART ports, TIA/EIA-232-F compatible, 3.3V interface, up to 5.0 Mbps
- CAN bus – Up to 2 CAN bus interfaces, 3.3V levels
- MMC / SDIO – Up to 2 MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces, support for HC MMC and SDHC up to 32GB
- Audio – I2S interface, on-board audio codec with analog stereo output, stereo input and electret microphone support
- Misc – Up to 2 I2C interfaces (up to 400Kbps), Up to 2 configurable SPI bus interfaces (Slave/Master modes), up to 70 multifunction signals that can be used as GPIOs, up to 8 ADC, and RTC with provided lithium battery
- Power – 3.3V
- Dimensions – 68 x 30 x 8 mm with 204-pin SO-DIMM edge connector
- Temperature range – Commercial (0° to 70° C), Extended (-20° to 70° C), or Industrial (-40° to 85° C)
- Relative humidity – 10% to 90% (operation)
The company provides support for Linux, Android ICS and Windows Embedded Compact 7. SBC-T335 Evaluation Kit is available for development, and includes CM-T335-D256-C600G-N1G-E-A-U4-WB CoM (That’s AM3354 + 256MB Flash, 1 GB Flash, etc…), SB-T335 carrier board, an LCD panel with capacitive touchscreen, a WiFi antenna, lots of cables, and a 12V power supply. Technical support is available for 12 months with this kit, and there’s a 45-day evaluation period where you can return the kit if it does not fit your needs.
$27 (in 1k order) will get you a module with TI AM3352, 128 MB RAM, 128 MB flash, and a USB OTG. As I discovered with Compulab AMD module, the company publishes the options price list publicly, so you get get a good estimation of the price for the options you need. An industrial grade module with all options will cost $123. Further information is available on Compulab CM-335 page.