FossilShale FS-DM385-SOM Features TI DaVinci SoC for HD Media applications
FossilShale, an embedded company based in Bangalore, has announced a system-on-module based on Texas Instruments Davinci TMS320DM385 SoC that targets applications high-definition decoding and encoding (up to 1080p60) such as IP Cameras, HD video conferencing endpoints, digital signage, portable medical imaging and diagnostics, or camcorders. It can be used standalone for evaluation, or with a carrier board.
- SoC – Texas Instruments TMS320DM385F ARM Cortex A8 core @ 1GHz with HDVICP v2 video core handling H.264 BP/MP/HP, MPEG2, VC1, MPEG4 SP/ASP, JPEG/MJPEG encoding and decoding.
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 512MB NAND flash +1x Micro SD/MMC connector (up to 32GB)
- Audio / Video:
- 1x HDMI Out (Micro)
- 1x LCD TFT Interface (24 Bit RGB)
- 1x Camera Interface (MIPI)
- 1x Integrated Composite Video In & Audio Line In(Stereo Jack)
- 1x Integrated Composite Video Out & Audio Line Out(Stereo Jack)
- Other Interfaces:
- 1x USB OTG
- 1x IrDA
- 1x I2C, 1x SPI
- Debug – 1x JTAG, 1x UART
- B2B connector (MO-244C) with access to SATA, USB, Ethernet, PCIe, Parallel Camera Interface, I2C, SPI, GPIO, etc…
- Dimensions – 82×57 mm
The company provides Texas Instruments Linux PSP (Platform Support Package) with customized Drivers and BSP, as well as sample applications. Three boards are available to interface with the SoM:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Board
- LCD Board with provision for 5”, 7” and 10” LCM with Touch Panels
- Camera Module with MIPI interface supporting 5 / 10 / 12 Megapixel sensors
as well as a carrier board including 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 2 SATA connectors, up to 4 USB host port, a mini PCIe slot, a parallel camera input, headers for GPIOs, I2C, SPI, 30-bit digital video output, and 16-bit digital video input, an optional Wi-Link 7.0 Module, and a few other I/O as shown on the block diagram below.
The company did not disclosed pricing, but we do know FS-DM385-SOM will be available for purchase on July 01, 2013. Further information is available on FossilShale SOM page (FS-DM385-SOM is the first and only module).