Alpha Data ADM-XRC-7Z1 XMC Mezzanine Card Powered by Xilinx Zynq SoC
Alpha Data, a company providing solutions for compute intensive applications, has announced the ADM-XRC-7Z1, an XMC board powered by Xilinx Zynq-7045 or Zynq-7100 Cortex A9 + FPGA SoC targeting application such as software-defined radio, radar and sonar processing, image processing and machine vision.
If you are like me, and have never heard about XMC mezzanine cards before, here’s what Wikipedia has to say about it:
XMC, or Switched Mezzanine Card, is a PCI Mezzazine Card (PMC) with high-speed serial fabric interconnect defined by the VITA 42 standard. XMC specifies a 5th connector (“P15″) that supports PCI Express (VITA 42.3) or other high speed serial formats such as Serial RapidIO (VITA 42.2) and Parallel RapidIO (VITA 42.1).
VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association) is an organization developing and promoting open technology standards that you can download for a fee.
Here are the specifications of the board:
- SoC – Xilinx Zynq-7045 or Zynq-7100 dual Cortex A9 + FPGA SoC
- System memory:
- 1 bank of 512MByte of DDR3 SDRAM (PS)
- 2 banks of 256MByte of DDR3 SDRAM (PL)
- Storage – 2 banks of 128MByte QSPI (PS) and micro SD socket (PS)
- Host Interface – Ethernet, PCI Express or USB
- Front Connector I/O:
- 8 High-Speed Serial Links
- Up to 146 LVCMOS/LVDS I/O
- Rear Connector IO:
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces
- Dual USB Ports
- RS-232 and RS-232/485 comms ports
- Up to 8 High-Speed Serial Links via Pn6 connector
- 38 LVCMOS 3.3V GPIO connections via Pn6 connector (VITA 46.9 X8d+X12d+X38s compatible pinout)
- Other IO – micro USB Interface + JTAG Interface
- Compatible IO Modules - XRM-10G-QSFP, XRM-ADC-D2/125, XRM-ADC-D3/1G5, XRM-ADC-D6/250, XRM-ADC-D7-500, XRM-ADC-S4/3G, XRM-CAMERALINK, XRM-CLINK-MINI, XRM-CLINK-ADV, XRM-CLINK-H264, XRM-CLINK-GIGE, XRM-DAC-D4/1G, XRM-FCN, XRM-FCN-C1, XRM-FPDP, XRM-HSSDC2A, XRM-IO146, XRM-IO146-ROCKET, XRM-IO34, XRM-OPT, XRM-RIO, XRM-RS422, XRM-RS485, XRM-ZBT
- Compatible Carriers Boards – ADC-PCIE-XMC, ADC-VPX3-XMC, ADC-XMC-II, ADC-EMC
- Temperature – Several air cooled solutions and one conduction cooled solution for consumer, extended and industrial temperature ranges.
- EMC – FCC 47CFR Part 2, EN55022 Equipment Class B
- Board Format – XMC (Type: FPGA Board)
Software and drivers are available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and VxWorks, and you can download the SDK for Linux and Windows, as well as access the documentation on Data Alpha ADM-XDR SDK page.
The company says ADM-XRC-7Z1 is “competitively priced” and available immediately. The board ships with the software development kit, including example designs and software drivers.