Firmware Update for CS868 mini PC Version 2.06 (Android 4.1.1)
If you’ve got a Rockchip RK3188 mini PC, there’s usually no issue with finding firmware updates, or even custom ROMs. But if you’ve bought an AllWinner A31 mini PC, such as CS868, you may feel everybody dropped the ball, as the system is not stable, and it seemed there would never be any upgrade.
I’ve recently been made aware that there’s some activity on a Chinese bulletin board, and a new firmware is available for CS868: V2.06-4.1.1-20130610. As the name implied, the firmware is based on Android 4.1.1, and has been release on the 10th of June 2013.
Here’s the Changelog against V2.05:
- Add video color brightness, contrast and saturation settings
- Output to HDMI output by default
- Other systems optimization
and the Changelog against V2.04 (22nd of May):
- Reduce DDR frequency to improve system stability.
- Fixed potential sound failure.
- Optimize USB OTG interface to fix issues with Air mice.
- Increase nandflash DATA partition to 2GB
- Several improvement for broadcast quality, on-demand videos, games and other software.
- Diverse small bug fixes
You can also access the forum for earlier releases, and hopefully upcoming firmware releases.
I’ve installed the new firmware with the method provided previously. I used the English tools, with the new key and firmware files, and firmware updated went smoothly.
I haven’t really tested it much, but there’s now three launchers, including Firetop1X, a new Chinese SMART TV launcher, as well as two new applications called Fireair Receiver and Miracast, for respectively DLNA/UPNP, and Miracast support.
During the few minutes I played with the system, I lost control of Mele F10 twice (unplugging and reconnecting the RF receiver fixes that), and playing videos in YouTube app, just show a black screen, although audio works. So it still seems very much work in progress to me.
Via Adem on Google+