$55 Phytec Cosmic Boards Feature Freescale Vybrid SoCs
Freescale Vybrid SoC family has been announced at the beginning of last year, with the low-end VF3xx and mid-end VF4xx featuring a single Cortex A5 CPU, and the higher-end VF6xx and VF7xx providing a multi-core processor with Cortex A5 and Cortex M4 cores, for respectively performance, and real-time/low power tasks. Phytec has just announced the Cosmic board featuring Freescale Vybrid VF6xx single core Cortex A5 processor, and Cosmic+ board with Vybrid VF6xx Cortex A5 + Cortex M4 processor. Both boards are comprised of a baseboard coupled with a Phytec phyCORE-Vybrid system-on-module (SoM), and can be used for Linux and MQX (Freescale RTOS) development.
Cosmic / Cosmic+ boards specifications:
- VF5xx ARM Cortex-A5 @ 500MHz (Cosmic)
- VF6xx ARM Cortex-A5 @ 500MHz + ARM Cortex-M4 @ 167 MHz (Cosmic+)
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3
- Storage – 512 MB NAND + micro SD slot
- USB – HS USB OTG / HS USB Host
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
- Video Output – Micro HDMI
- Misc – 4x User Buttons, 4x User LEDs
- Debugging- RS-232, OpenSDA Debug Circuit (Cosmic+ only)
- Expansion – 2x 60-pin Expansion Connectors
- Power – 5V power adapter or USB
Cosmic board comes with phyCORE-Vybrid/VF5xx SoM, a Carrier Board, a micro SD Card with Linux software demo, a Linux BSP with full source, a free Timesys LinuxLink Pro subscription, and a micro USB cable.
Cosmic+ board comes with phyCORE-Vybrid/VF6xx SoM, a carrier board (with OpenSDA debug board) , a micro SD Card with Linux and MQX software demo, Linux and MQX BSP with full source code, a free Timesys LinuxLink Pro subscription , an ARM Development Suite (DS-5) license for a 1yr with 256k limit, and 2x Micro USB cables.
The company is also working on LCD and WiFi add-on expansion modules. The company will eventually provide a getting started guide (via their Wiki) and the hardware manual publicly for the boards. Support may also be available via their community.
Cosmic board can be pre-ordered for $55, Cosmic+ board for $65, and shipping is expected for September 2013. You can find more information and/or pre-order the boards on Phytec SBC page.