5 responses

  1. mftvrocks
    August 20, 2013


  2. gicho
    August 21, 2013

    What chips are used in devices like this? There are some boxes for model planes/helicopters that perfrom similar “video-to-wifi” bridging to use with iPhone/Android, so I am wondering how they are made? Is it ralink/mediatek AP solution with usb video? Or something with digital CMOS video input?

  3. cnxsoft
    August 21, 2013

    I don’t know. The best would be to open one. I can see you can buy the Wi-Fi and USB microscopes above in Aliexpress:

    The Wi-Fi version ($199) seem a bit too expensive compared to the F.O.B price announced ($100).

  4. gicho
    August 21, 2013

    This is something similar:
    But chip marking is hard to see. I believe the BGA is something like Ralink RT5xxx AP chip, with some kind of video interface in the smaller tqfp on the left side.

  5. cnxsoft
    August 22, 2013

    I’ve just remembered I have a Wi-Fi IP camera. It’s using an HiSilicon Hi3512 (ARM9) + OV7725 sensor. I’m not sure about the Wi-Fi module.

Leave a Reply




Back to top
mobile desktop