$200 Direct Insight Triton-TXEK EvalKit for iMX6 Features Freescale i.MX 6Quad Processor
With Wandboard Quad, SABRE Lite, Nitrogen6X, and UDOO, we already have some choices when it comes to low cost Freescale i.MX 6Quad development platforms. Direct Insight, a British company, has developed another called TRITON-TXEK EvalKit for iMX6 that includes the company’s Triton-TX6Q SoM, for 130 GBP (about $200).
TRITON-TXEK for iMX6 Specifications:
Specifications listed for the Triton-TXEK evaluation kit include:
- SoC – Freescale i.MX 6Quad quad core Cortex-A9 @ 1GHz with Vivante GC2000 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 128MB NAND flash + SD card slot
- Display – TFT panel via 40-pin LCD flat cable header
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – USB 2.0 host + mini USB 2.0 host/device
- Serial – RS232on D-Sub connector
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions – Module: 68mm × 31mm, Baseboard: Who knows…
- Operating temperature – -20 to 70°C
Since the only easily accessible display option is the LCD interface, the company also provides three optional displays to be connected to the evaluation kit:
- 4.3″, 480 × 272, Capacitive Multi-Touch (Price not available)
- 5.7″, 640 × 480, Capacitive Multi-Touch (125 GBP)
- 7.0″, 800 × 480, Capacitive Multi-Touch (125 GBP)
The company provides a Linux BSP standard with source, toolchain, and schematics, and Linux comes pre-installed in the SoM. Windows Embedded Compact 7 and Android 4 support will be available later for an extra charge.
Based on the features above, the board is unlikely to be appealing to hobbyists. However, if you plan to develop a product, it could be an option, as you could use the company SoM with your custom based board, and many i.MX6Q pins appear to be easily accessible (TBC) via the numerous through holes on the carrier board. The carrier board is also compatible with all TRITON-TX SoM based on Freescale i.MX283, TI Sitata AM3354, and Freescale i.MX6. If you need a more advanced development board, the company also provides TRITON-TX StarterKit-5 for 855 GBP ($1,339).
Thanks to Allan for the tip.