Rii Mini i28 Do-it-all RF Remote Can Be Used as a Backlit QWERTY Keyboard, a TouchPad, an Air Mouse, a Gamepad, and an Headset
There are many 2.4 GHz “magic” remote, often called Air mice, to use with Android devices, or computer mainly such as Mele F10, or Measy RC11. They usually comes with a qwerty keyboard, and a gyro that allow you to move the mouse pointer on the screen by moving the remote around, and are much more convenient that a standard IR remote with Android mini PCs. Newer models such as Mele F10 Pro often include a microphone, and a jack to connect an headphone, but Rii Mini i28 is going a few steps further, some may even say a few steps too far, as it features a backlit QWERTY keyboard, Air mouse function, a microphone and a headphone jack, as well as a touchpad, and some of controls that make it look like a gamepad (No analog though).
Rii Mini i28 “thing” specifications:
- Keyboard – 70 Keys QWERTY keyboard with 27 backlit LEDs
- 10 buttons for arrow keys, vol -/-, trick modes, page up and down, and OK.
- Audio – Built-in Mic and headphone port
- Touch and Air mouse functions
- RF mode – 2.4Ghz GFSK
- Operating distance – Up to 10 meters
- Transmission power – Less than +4db
- Built-in battery capacity – 450 mAh
- Charging voltage – 4.4V ~ 5.25V
- Charging current – 300mA
- Power consumption – Operation Voltage: 3.7V. Sleeping Current class1: 86uA (0.318 mW), operating current: 60 mA (222 mW), and when backlit LED is on: 100mA (370 mW)
- Dimensions – 148 x 102 x 20mm
- Weight: 128g
The remote comes with the USB receiver to connect to your device or computer, a USB cable, and a user’s manual. Contrary to the Mele F10 Pro, they still managed to keep a tiny USB receiver, despite the added audio functions.The device is said to work with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/8, Linux based distributions, and Android, as long as a USB port is available.