Geniatech ATV1220 Dual Core Android TV Box with DVB-T Tuner Sells for $95 and Up
I’ve tested several Android TV boxes based on AMLogic AML8726-MX dual core processor including GBox Midnight MX2, Tronsmart Prometheus, or Jynxbox M6, that sell for about $90 to $120. Today I’ve been informed that Geniatech ATV1220 offers about the same hardware specs as the aforementioned devices, but adds a DVB-T tuner, and sells for $95 on ChinaVasion, or $99 on Mygica e-Store (Geniatech comsumer brand).
- SoC – AMLogic AML8726-MX dual core Cortex A9 @ 1.5 GHz + Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB NAND flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a, composite
- Audio – HDMI, stereo audio via RCA connectors.
- Antenna Input – Compliant with DVB-T, Frequency: TV 48.25 ~ 863.25 MHz.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with external antenna
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, network and status LEDs, and power button
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A DC
- Dimensions – 168(L) x 132mm(W) x 21mm(T)
- Weight – 402g
The box comes with an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and an IR Remote Control (CR2025 battery not included). The remote on Mygica and ChinaVasion appears to be different, not sure why. You can also control the device via your Android or iOS device using “Geniatech Air Remote” app. This media player runs Android 4.1, and is said to support XBMC, DLNA and Airplay.
As a side note, I’ve just read AMLogic hardware video decode has recently been added to XBMC Android nightly builds, so all AMLogic devices should be officially supported in current development builds and in the upcoming XBMC v13 (Gotham) release.
You may find more information on Geniatech ATV1220 page.
Thanks to onebir for the tip.