eConais WiSmart EC19D is an 8x8mm Wi-Fi Module for the Internet of Things
eConais, a company specializing in ultra low power embedded Wi-Fi modules, has recently announced WiSmart EC19D Wi-Fi module which it claims to be “the world’s smallest, most easily integrated, and lowest standby power single chip 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi System In Package (SiP) modules for the Internet of Things”.
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n,Wi-Fi Direct, WPS, Wi-Fi Client Mode, Wi-Fi SoftAP Mode
- Security – WPA/WPA2 support
- ProbMe Configuration – Proprietary configuration method which enables any Wi-Fi device to configure the EC19D module without the need of any application
- Protocol – TCP/UDP sockets, HTTPS/SSL, DHCP Client/Server
- MCU I/F – Serial
- Cloud Service Support (Xively)
- Concurrent DLNA Renderer & Server (Q1 2014)
- OTA FW Upgrade (Q1 2014)
- Dimensions – 8x8mm
- Certifications – FCC, IC, and EC
eConais also provides an EC19D module Eval Board/SDK, pictured on the right, with SPI, I2S, USART, GPIOs interfaces to evaluate their module, as well as “WiSmart Tools”, a suite of software tools, including libwismart library with support for TCP IP, WPA/WPA2, DLNA, etc.., source code for interfacing with external devices with sample applications, a GNU toolchain, and more.
WiSmart EC19D and its evaluation board are available now at an undisclosed price. Further information is available on eConais WiSmart EC19D page.