ZYBO Development Board Features Xilinx Zynq-7010 FPGA + ARM SoC, VGA and HDMI Output
Digilent ZYBO (ZYnq BOard) is a low cost development board powered by Xilinq Zynq-7010 SoC featuring a dual core ARM Cortex A9 processor and FPGA fabric. It’s using the same SoC as MicroZed, is in the same price range as it costs $189 ($125 for academic purpose), but adds video interfaces, namely bi-directional HDMI and VGA, that are not available in MicroZed. It does come however with less RAM (512 MB vs 1GB).
- SoC – Xilinx ZYNQ XC7Z010-1CLG400C dual core Cortex A9 processor + FPGA with 28K Logic Cells (~430K ASIC gates).
- System Memory – 512MB x32 DDR3 w/ 1050Mbps bandwidth
- Storage – 128Mb Serial Flash w/ QSPI interface, MicroSD slot for Linux file system, EEPROM programmed with 48-bit globally unique EUI-48/64™ compatible identifier.
- Video I/O – Dual-role (Source/Sink) HDMI port, 16-bits per pixel VGA output port
- Audio I/O – Audio codec with headphone out, microphone and line in jacks
- Connectivity – Trimode (1Gbit/100Mbit/10Mbit) Ethernet PHY
- USB – OTG USB 2.0 PHY (supports host and device)
- Debugging – On-board JTAG programming and UART to USB converter
- GPIOs – 6 pushbuttons, 4 slide switches, 5 LEDs
- Extension – Six Pmod connectors (1 processor-dedicated, 1 dual analog/digital)
- Power – 5V
The company will provide Xilinx’s Vivado Design Suite, ISE/EDK toolset, a Linux solution, and documentation for the board. The box only contains the board, so you’ll need to provide your own 5V power supply, and cables, and download the tools and Linux from Digilent website once resources get online.
The board can be pre-ordered now for $189 or $125 (academic) on Digilent with shipping scheduled for the 17th of February.