Giayee P105 is a Wall-Mountable Rockchip based Android / Ubuntu mini PC with a VGA Output
There are plenty of Android TV Boxes or HDMI TV dongles based on Rockchip RK3066 or RK3188. What makes Giayee P105 computer different is that they completely got rid of the HDMI port and replaced it with a VGA port, and the mini PC, and they also added mount option to attach the device to a wall or the back of your monitor. There are two versions of Giayee P105: P105-D with a dual core RK3168 SoC, and P105-Q with RK3188 quad core processor.
- P105-D – Rockchip RK3168 dual core ARM Cortex A9 @ 1.2GHz with PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- P105-Q – Rockchip RK3188 quad core ARM Cortex A9 @ 1.6GHz with Mali-400 MP4 GPU @ up to 600MHz
- System Memory – 1 to 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 1 to 32G NAND Flash
- Video Output – VGA – Resolution: 800×600 up to 1920×1080
- Audio I/O – 1x Audio In port, 1x Audio Out port
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, an optional built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A. Typical power consumption: 2 to 5 Watts.
- Dimensions – 120 x 120 x 30 mm
This ARM computer supports both Android 4.2 and Ubuntu 12.04, and the company advertises it as a thin client too with support for RDP 8.0, and RemoteFX.
Giayee P105 price is said to start from $49, but the product is not available for retail just yet. You can find more information on Giayee Technologies’ P105 page.