Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Mini-Module Plus System-on-Module
In January 2014, Avnet announced Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Mini-ITX board featuring Xilinx Zynq-7045 or Zynq-7100 ARM + FPGA SoC, and more recently, the company has launched “Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Mini-Module Plus” systems-on-module (SoM) based on the same platforms, as well as a corresponding development kit including a baseboard and a power module. The SoM and development platform target PCI Express, embedded controllers, general-purpose prototyping, networking and communications, storage and servers, and Ethernet/Internet applications.
- SoC- Xilinx Zynq-7045 or Zynq-7100 dual core Cortex-A9 @ up to 1GHz with FPGA (350K or 444K logic cells)
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 128MB parallel flash, 32MB QSPI flash, 8KB EEPROM, and micro SD slot
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – USB 2.0 OTG port
- Debugging – USB UART, JTAG programming/configuration port, PJTAG header
- User’s IO via dual board-to-board connectors:
- 132 User I/O (66 per connector)
- Configurable as up to 66 LVDS pairs or 132 single-ended I/O
- 8 GTX ports (4 per connector)
- Misc – RTC, programmable LVDS clock source (GTX ref. clock), 200MHz LVDS oscillator
- Dimensions – 102 x 57mm
LinuxGizmos reports the company provides PetaLinux SDK for the board. PetaLinux consists of “three key elements: pre-configured binary bootable images, fully customizable Linux for the Xilinx device, and PetaLinux SDK which includes tools and utilities to automate complex tasks across configuration, build, and deployment”. Xilinx ISE Design Suite, Embedded Edition is also supported, and provided with the board.
Xilinx also provides an hardware development kit “Mini-Module Plus Development System” (MMP) comprised of Zynq-7000 Mini-Module Plus SoM, as well as Mini-Module Plus Baseboard II and a power module which come with the following key features:
|Baseboard II||Power Module|
The Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Mini-Module Plus is available now for $1,295 and $1,495 for respectively the Zynq-7045 and Zynq-7100 versions. The complete development kit (MMP) goes for $2,295, but you can also buy the baseboard and power module separately for $500 and about $300. Further details are available on Avnet’s Mini-Module Plus and Mini-Module Plus Development System product pages.