GainSpan Introduces Full HD Video Application Development Kit for Wi-Fi IP Video Streaming Applications
GainSpan, a company providing low-power Wi-Fi solutions for the Internet of Things, and GEO Semiconductor, a semiconductor and software company specializing in camera and video solutions, have recently announced a Full HD resolution Video Application Development Kit (ADK) targeted at Wi-Fi video streaming applications in the surveillance, security and automotive markets such as battery or line powered IP cloud cameras, door bell cameras, baby monitors, toy cameras and automotive backup/drive recorder cameras
The development kit features GainSpan GS2011MIZ low power IEEE 802.11b/g/n module, and GEO Semi MAX64380 1080p30 H.264 Camera CODEC, as well as MAXIM MAX9860 mono audio codec, and MAX98300 Class D amplifier.
GainSpan Full HD Video ADK (GS-ADK-VideoGeo1080p) key features include:
- GS2011MIZ module with low power IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant module with PHY rates up to 72 Mpbs. Supports Limited AP, Wi-Fi Direct with concurrent mode, WPS2.0.
- Wi-Fi Security – 802.11i, WPA/2, Personal and Enterprise, legacy WEP, TLS
- Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution with Geo Semiconductor H.264 encoder
- Streaming Protocols – RTP/RTSP streaming for Audio/Video, UDP/TCP streaming.
- In-home streaming via access point
- Mobile applications from Geo Semiconductor (iOS and Android)
- Battery powered reference design with charging circuit
- Planned support for:
- Streaming to the cloud through an access point or a custom gateway
- Uploading to cloud and storage in the cloud
- Power saving mode implementation for long battery life designs
- 2-way audio for communication with a smartphone
The Wi-Fi module is connected to the H.264 encoder via an SPI interface, and it also features a UART connection for AT commands control from existing embedded systems. The company also mentions an Apple authentication co-processor is used for Wi-Fi config.
I could not find pubic information with regards to development tools and documentation. The development kit appears to be available now, and you can visit GainSpan Full HD Video ADK page for more details and/or to contact the company.