Technologic Systems TS-7670 Industrial Board Features Freescale i.MX286, Supports RAID-like System on SD Cards
Technologic Systems has unveiled an industrial board powered by Freescale i.MX286 ARM9 processor and a MCU part of NXP LPC1100 Cortex M0 series to to create a CDC ACM serial device on a host PC, and interfaces via UART, I2C, and SPI with the Freescale processor. The board targets applications such as fleet vehicle or asset tracking, point-of-sales (PoS), vending machines, data acquisition units, and data recorder modules.
- Processor – Freescale i.MX286 (1x ARM926EJ-S core @ up to 454MHz)
- MCU – NXP LPC Cortex M0 MCU in QFN32 package (LPC1114??)
- System Memory – 128MB to 256MB DDR2 RAM
- Storage – 2GB soldered NAND flash, 2x microSD slot with Doublestore support (similar RAID on SD card)
- Connectivity – 10/100 Ethernet port
- Wireless – Optional Telit Jupiter series multi-constellation GPS; optional CDMA, GPRS, or HSPA+ modules
- USB – USB host port, USB OTG port
- Other I/Os:
- 2x RS-232/interfaces (optional TTL COM)
- RS-485 port/Modbus
- 2x CANBus ports
- 4x x DIO
- Misc -Watchdog, RTC with battery, temperature sensor, and optional aluminum enclosure
- Power supply – 8-28 VDC
- Power consumption – 0.6W to 1.3W operating; 180mW standby; 10mW sleep
- Dimensions – 12.82 x 10.19 cm
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0 to 70°C; or industrial: -40 to 85°C
The board supports Debian “Wheezy” with Linux 2.6.36, and the company provide development tools (GNU toolchain). Documentation is available online via the company’s Wiki, you can also download mechanicals diagrams and schematics in PDF format.
Doublestore is a proprietary solution that allows for RAID-like system on SD cards, and is described as follows on the company website:
DoubleStore is a software layer unique to Technologic Systems that provides RAID-like filesystem redundancy on SD flash media. Using DoubleStore, robust file storage can be achieved either using 2 separate cards, or on one card by splitting its capacity in half. Furthermore, TS has put the ability to boot from a DoubleStore SD card in the low-level TS-BOOTROM startup firmware, thereby giving the benefit of a fault tolerant bootup of the Linux kernel and initrd on TS boards.
The board is available now starting at $129 per unit for 100 pieces order, but for development purpose, the company recommends S-7670-256-2048F-C-DEV commercial grade board with 256 MB RAM, 2GB on-board flash,a second CAN port and GPS radio for $232. The company provide 45-day money back guarantee, a one year full warranty, and the board is guaranteed to be available for at least 8-year. More information can be found on Technologic Systems TS-7670 page.