Toshiba Excite Go 7″ Android Tablet Powered by Intel Atom Quad Core Processor Sells for $110
If you still think that only products based on ARM can be inexpensive, Toshiba Excite Go might change your mind. The latest Toshiba tablet is somewhat similar to HP 7 Plus with a quad core AllWinner A31 SoC and a 7″ display with a resolution of 1024×600, but instead it features an Intel Atom quad core processor, and sells for just $10 more at $110 (MSRP), but CNET reports it might even sell for just $99.
The complete specs have not been released, but here’s what we do know, and/or can speculate with educated guesses and pictures from Engadget:
- SoC – Intel Atom “Bay Trail” Quad core SoC. Probably one of the cheapest Bay Trail-T, so either Atom Z3735F or Z3735G both listed for $17 (Tray price). Z3735F supports up to 1Gb RAM, Z3735G up to 2GB RAM. Both are clocked at 1.33 GHz, and up to 1.83 GHz (Burst frequency), and have a 2.2W TDP.
- System Memory – Unknown, but most probably 1GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB flash + microSDXC card slot up to 128GB
- Display – 7″ touchscreen, 1024×600 resolution
- Camera – Front camera only
- Audio – 3.5 mm headphone/microphone jack, speaker
- USB – micro USB jack
- Battery – Up to 8 hours of battery life during “general use” or up to 6.5 hours while playing videos.
- Misc – Power, and volume +/- buttons
- Weight – About 355 grams
Beside an allegedly faster SoC compared to HP 7 Plus, Excite Go features a 16 GB Flash instead of 8 GB on the ARM based model, but drops the rear camera.
Toshiba’s tablet runs Android 4.4 KitKat, and should be available in July.