Meetion MT-WF910 Wi-Fi Player Streams Audio from your Mobile Device to your Hi-Fi System
There are several ways to play music wirelessly from your devices on decent speakers. One the best way might be one of the Sonos Wi-Fi speakers, but they costs a few hundred dollars. You could also use a ChromeCast or EZCast / Miracast / DLNA dongle, both of which are very cheap ($20 to $35), and would allow you to stream music to your TV from your Android or iOS mobile device, Windows PC or Mac OS computers, but these require you leave your TV on, unless you use a DLNA dongle with an AV port. Another option would be to use a dedicated Wi-Fi player such as Meetion MT-WF910 which can receive audio from mobile devices or computers via Wi-Fi, and output it to a 3.5 mm stereo jack or S/PDIF port.
Meetion Wi-Fi player specifications and key features:
- SoC – Qualcomm Atheros AR9331 processor for Wi-Fi and audio processing
- System Memory – 32MB DDR2
- Storage – 8MB Internal Flash + micro SD card
- Audio Output – 3.5mm stereo jack, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 802.11b/g/n standard (Max 150Mbps) with WPA/WPA2 encryption
- Wireless Standards – DLNA and Airplay
- USB – 1x USB port for mass storage or 3G dongle, 1x micro USB for power
- Misc – Power and Wi-Fi LEDs, reset button
- Power – 5V DC, 0.5 to 2.1A
- Dimensions – 85mm x 85mm x 24.7mm.
- Weight – 40 grams
Devices running iOS such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, you simply stream audio using Airplay, but Android devices require WiFiPlayer app from Meetion, although I’d assume other DLNA apps might just work. To stream audio files using a Mac or PC, simply install iTunes, and select “WiFiPlayer” as external equipment. You can connect to the device either via Wi-Fi Direct or through your home’s Wi-Fi router, and both local and online music are supported. The device can also play music directly from a micro SD card or a USB flash drive.
Charbax interviewed the company, and they showcased their device in the video below.
Meetion sells the device for $15 in quantities (1K), but the retail price including shipping is close to $40 on Aliexpress [Update: $35 here]. You can find instructions explaining how to use the device on the Aliexpress link, or visit Meetion MT-WF910 for more details.
Thanks to Oliveira for the tip. Via armdevices.net.
[Update: More technical details are available on OpenWRT forums]