Renesas DevCon Extension Organizes Free One-Day Courses About IoT, Low Power, Sensors and More
I’ve just come across a YouTube video called Ultra-Low-Power Solutions for Wearable Technology and the ‘Internet of Things’ On Renesas channel. The video itself promotes Cymbet EnerChip Solid State Batteries and Kits, working together with Renesas MCUs, and the interesting part is that they’ll provide a free training session for the kit as part of Renesas Devcon Extension 2014. This is not a single event as you may think, but instead the company hosts one-day workshops in various cities in the US and Brazil covering various tracks all year long, as you can see in the simplified schedule below.
As an example, the following lectures are available for the Low Power track:
- Renesas Low-Power MCU Lineup (30 minutes) – Updated technology roadmap for Renesas’ broad portfolio of low-power MCU
- Working with Renesas e² studio IDE (90 minutes) – How to get started with Renesas eclipse embedded studio IDE
- Embedded MCU Low-Power System Design Techniques (60 minutes) – Techniques for designing low power embedded systems that run on small batteries or use solar, motion, etc.. energy harvesting
- Ultra-Low-Power Solutions for Wearable Technology and the ‘Internet of Things’ (60 minutes) – This is the training by Cymbet where you’ll get a Renesas RL78 MCU board with Cymbet Energy harvesting solution.
- Selecting the Ideal Low-Power MCU(120 minutes) – Explains how to select the best low power MCU for your application among Renesas 16-bit RL78 and 32-bit RX100 low-power MCU families.
You can find out more about tracks and events by cities, and even register for a one-day workshop on Renesas Devcon website. For an overview of the 5 tracks of 2014, I recommend checkout out the Program Overview and Course Descriptions PDF.