$99 PCDuino3S is an AllWinner A20 Based Mini PC with a Steel Enclosure
LinkSprite has recently showcased PCDuino3S, a Linux / Android mini PC powered by AllWinner A20 dual core SoC, and with features similar to PCDuino3 development board. Possible applications include media player and thin client terminal for desktop visualization.
PCDuino3S technical specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner A20 Dual Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1 GHz + Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DRAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash, internal microSD card slot for up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 with HDCP support
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – 2x LEDs, power button
- Power supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions - 12.7 x 6.35 x 2 cm
The company provides images for Ubuntu 12.04 and Android 4.2. It should be software compatible with PCDuino3, but based on the “enclosure opening” video below, and the ports position on the enclosure, it’s a completely different board inside.
The back of the case reads “OCLOUD Network Computer”, so it seems it may be an older products from Ocloud Technologies, a company which has developed a desktop virtualization system for PCDuino, and has been rebranded to PCDuino3S.
Thanks to Oliveira!