Advantech UTX-3115 Rugged Fanless Computer Powered by Intel Atom E3826 SoC Supports Intel Intelligent Systems Framework
Advantech UTX-3115 is a rugged low power fanless computer powered by Intel Atom “Bay Trail-I” E3826 dual core processor and lots of various ports that can be used as a digital signage, for machine or factory automation, & “smart IoT gateway”, and that happens to be supported by Intel’s Intelligent Systems Framework (ISF).
Before checking out Intel ISF, let’s go Advantech UTX-3115 hardware specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom E3826 dual core processor @ 1.46 GHz with 1MB L2 cache and Intel HD graphics.
- System Memory – 2 x 204-pin SO-DIMM DDR3 1333/1066MHz, up to 16GB
- Storage – 2.5″ bay for HDD or SSD storage
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI up to 1080p60
- 1x micro HDMI up to 1080p60
- 1x VGA up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz
- Dual channel LVDS up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz (shared with micro HDMI)
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit LAN (LAN1: Intel I210AT, LAN2: Realtek RTL8111G), optional Wi-Fi module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB 2.0
- Serial Ports – 1x RS-232 with 5v/12v, 1x RS-422/485
- Expansion slot
- 1x Half size Mini PCIe expansion slot for Wi-Fi module (shared with SIM card)
- 1x Full size Mini PCIe expansion slot for mSATA storage
- Power – 12V/3A
- Dimensions – 138.5(W) x 35.98(H) x 116.4(D) mm
- Operating Temperature Range – -20 ~ 60° C
- Relative Humidity – 95% @ 40° C (non-condensing)
This computer supports Windows 7/8, as well as some embedded operating systems, and ships with a 36W power adapter, a CD with drivers and documentation, and extra documentations for CCC and RoHS. Power cables, and VESA or DIN-Rail wall mounts are also available as options.
Intel’s Intelligent Systems Framework appears to be comprised both of software packages for things, Intel calls them “Intelligent Systems“, and cloud based solutions to manage them securely over the network. You can learn a bit more by watching this 24-minute presentation below focusing on generalities rather than specificities. The session is divided into four parts, first with an IoT overview and its challenges (big data processing, costs, security), followed by Intel ISF overview, the IoT gateway stack (Intelligent Device Platform) provided by Wind River for ISF, and finally an overview of their UTX-3115 rugged computer.
Advantech UTX-3115 has been mass-produced since March 2014, but the company has not disclosed pricing. You can get more details on Advantech UTX-3115 product page.