HTC / Google Nexus 9 To Feature Nvidia Tegra K1 Dual Core 64-bit ARMv8 Processor
ARMv8 (64-bit ARM) architecture has been seen in servers, and announced in mobile SoCs, but, putting aside some Apple products, we have yet to see any consumer products based on the latest ARM architecture. But this will change soon, as HTC Volantis, which could become Google Nexus 9 based on the picture leaked via Android Police, will feature an “Nvidia Logan 64-bit” SoC, which can only be a Tegra K1 dual core ARMv8 SoC announced at CES 2014.
HTC Volantis / Nexus 9 specifications:
- SoC – NVIDIA Tegra K1 (logan) dual core 64-bit Processor
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16/32GB internal storage
- Display – 8.9″ Display at 2048×1440 (281ppi)
- Camera - 8MP main camera with OIS, 3MP front facing camera
- Audio – Stereo front-facing speakers
- Dimensions – 22.63×15.19×0.79cm
- Weight – 418g, or 427g with LTE
The assumption is that it will be released as the latest major release of Android (with a codename starting with L) is announced, hmmm, let’s make that Android 5.0 Lollipop sponsored by Chupa Chups. :).
Android Police also got some pricing information with the tablet selling for $399 for the 16GB version, and $499 for the 32GB version. These numbers should be taken with a grain of salt however, as the product is expected to be release in Q4 2014, and pricing may well have changed by then.