Geniatech Unveils ATV585 Enjoy TV Box Powered by Amlogic S805 with HEVC Hardware Decoding
After Eny Techology EM6Q-MXQ, there’s at least another Amlogic S805 based media player with Geniatech ATV585 Enjoy TV powered by the quad core Cortex A5 processor, with 1GB RAM and 8GB flash. Compared Amlogic S802 based STBs, you’ll get slower CPU and GPU performance, and lose 4K video decoding and output, but gain HEVC hardware decoding up to 1080p, if you’re lucky, you’ll get Gigabit Ethernet, and in theory, the price should be cheaper.
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core Cortex-A5 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-450MP4 GPU @ 600MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC FLASH + micro SD/MMC card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 and CVBS
- Video Codecs / Containers – MPEG1/2/4, H.264, H.265, VC-1, WMV, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc…
- Audio Formats – MP3, WMA, AAC, etc…
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi with external antenna
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, Net and status LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A (Typical power consumption: 4W)
- Dimensions – 100 x 100 x 15 mm
- Weight – 160g
ATV585 Enjoy TV appears to be available to resellers right now, but I could not find it listed on any Chinese e-retailer yet. For reference, Eny EM6Q-MQX currently sells for $76 to $80 on Aliexpress. That’s less than most Amlogic S802 based Android TV boxes, but not all. You can find more information on Geniatech ATV585 Enjoy TV page.