MPL CEC10 Compact Embedded Computers Feature Bay Trail SoCs, 5 Gigabit Ports, Rugged Enclosures
MPL, a company specializing in industrial PCs based in Switzerland, has recently announced their CEC10 series “Compact Embedded Computer” featuring Intel Bay Trail-I E3800 processors, with 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports using RJ45, M12, or SFP connectors, and supporting industrial and extended temperature ranges, and as well as various rugged housings.
Specifications for MPL CEC10:
- SoC – Intel Atom E3800 series single, dual, or quad processor @ up to 1.91GHz with Intel HD graphics.
- System Memory – up to 4GB DDR3L ECC-RAM
- mSATA interface
- Optional 2.5-inch SATA HDD/SSD
- Optional eMMC flash (soldered)
- Video Output- DisplayPort, optional eDP / VGA
- Connectivity – 5x gigabit Ethernet ports. RJ45 connectors by default, but the system also supports M12 connectors or SFP cages.
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 1x USB 3.0 device port, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – 1x RS-232 port, optional RS-232/422/485 or extra RS-232 port
- Expansion Slots:
- Mini-PCIe slot (full size) with mSATA support
- Optional PCie/PC104 board interface with 2x PCIe, 2x HSIC, 2x UART, SATA, SDIO, LPC and I2C.
- Misc – Watchdog
- 8–36V DC supply
- Reverse polarity voltage, overvoltage, surge and burst voltages protection
- Electromagnetic discharge protection compliant with MIL-STD-461E, IEC60945, EN50155
- 8 to 18W power consumption
- Sleep currents down to 100μA with support for wake capabilities (Ignition/RI) from ignition signal, RS232 ring indicator, or LAN (Wake-on-LAN).
- Dimensions – 162 x 118 x 62mm
- Operating Temperature Range – -20 to 60°C or -40 to 85°C (Extended temp. range)
- Certifications (In progess) – EN 50155 (railway) and IEC 60945 (maritime) certifications
The company can provide various modules compatible with the optional board interface namely UPS LiPo, UPS Supercap, CAN, GPS, RS-232, RS-422/485, and Rugged WLAN modules. Four rugged enclosures are available for the system: DIN-Rail. Flange, Open Frame, and MIL/Outdoor. This industrial PC is said to support Debian Linux and various version of Windows.
MPL CEC 10 appears to be available, and will be for at least 10 more years as the company commit to long term availability. Pricing information has not been disclosed publicly. Further information can be found on CEC product page.