Linaro 14.07 Release with Linux Kernel 3.16 and Android 4.4
Linaro 14.07 has just been released with Linux Kernel 3.16-rc6 (baseline), Linux Kernel 3.10.50 (LSK), and Android 4.4.4.
This month, Linaro has continued development on Juno 64-bit ARM development board, as well as other member boards from Broadcom (Capri), Qualcomm (IFC6410), Hisilicon D01, Samsung (Arndale / Arndale Octa), etc.. Android have been upgraded to version 4.4.4 with images released for Pandaboard, Arndale, Nexus 10, and Nexus 7, built with Linaro GCC 4.9.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linux Linaro 3.16-rc6-2014.07 released
- GATOR version 5.18 (same version as in 2014.04)
- updated basic Capri board support from Broadcom LT. Good progress in upstreaming the code: now the topic has 21 patch on top of v3.16-rc4 vs 53 patches on top of v3.15 in 2014.06 cycle
- removed cortex-strings-arm64 topic as the code is accepted into the mainline
- new topic from Qualcomm LT to add IFC6410 board support
- updated Versatile Express ARM64 support (FVP Base and Foundation models, Juno) from ARM LT. cpufreq support for Juno has been added.
- updated Versatile Express patches from ARM LT
- more HiP0x Cortex A15 family updates from HiSilicon LT
- switched to mainline support for Arndale and Arndale-octa boards
- updated llvm topic (follows the community llvmlinux-latest branch)
- Big endian support (the 2014.05 topic version rebased to 3.16 kernel)
- removed ftrace_audit topic as the code is accepted into the mainline
- config fragments changes – added ifc6410.conf
- Linaro Toolchain Binaries 2014.07 released – Based on GCC 4.9 and updated to latest Linaro TCWG releases: Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.07 & Linaro binutils 2.24.0-2014.07
- Linaro Android 14.07 released
- built with Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.07
- Pandaboard, Arndale, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 upgraded to Android 4.4.4.
- LSK Engineering build moved back to 4.4.2.
- Android LSK v3.14 CI loop added
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2014.07
- Integrated Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.07
- Integrated Linaro EGLIBC 2.19-2014.07
- Integrated Linaro binutils 2.24.0-2014.07
- fixes recipes related to oe-core autotools update
- cleaned up overlayed recipes
- updated PM QA to 0.4.12
- Linaro Ubuntu 14.07 released
- added gstreamer 1.0
- updated packages: ARM trusted firmware (support latest FVP models), PM QA (0.4.12), LSK 3.10.49/3.14.13 and linux-linaro 3.16-rc6 kernels.
- Integrate ARMv8 Big endian systems into LAVA and CI
- Migrate Linaro Android builds to 4.9 Linaro toolchain
- LSK: add ARMv8 kernel + arm32 rootfs CI loop
- Package rt-app
- LSK: enable member kernel configs for build testing
You can visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1407/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.