Ugoos S85 Android HDMI TV Stick Features Amlogic S805 Quad Core SoC, Supports H.265 Video Decoding
HDMI TV sticks used to be popular, but as processors became more powerful, it became more and more challenging to put new SoCs in such a small form factor due to thermal issues. For example, there’s no HDMI TV stick powered by Amlogic S802 (4x Cortex A9 @ 2GHz), as even TV boxes may have troubles keeping things cool with two largish heatsinks. But the new Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex A5 is more power-efficient, and Ugoos will soon release S85 model in an HDMI stick form factor. For now, they’ve just published some pictures of the board.
Ugoos S85 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S805 Quad-Core Cortex-A5 @ 1.5GHz with Quad Core ARM Mali-450MP GPU @ 600MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND FLASH + micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4b with CEC (male connector)
- Video Codecs - MPEG1/2/4, H.265, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10
- Video Containers – Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
- Audio Format/Codecs – MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 2x micro USB ports (1x OTG, 1x for power)
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
Ugoos S85 will run Android 4.4, and that’s about all we know at this stage. The latest quad core HDMI sticks on the market where mostly based on Rockchip RK3188, as well as much less popular ones featuring Freescale i.MX6 and AllWinner A31. This upcoming model will have a slower CPU performance, but a faster GPU, and support for H.265 hardware video decoding.
Via Ian on Google+ Mini PCs Community.