Acer CB5 Chromebook To Feature Nvidia Tegra K1 Processor, 13 Hours of Battery Life
It seems Nvidia Tegra K1 is getting in more hardware than its predessors. It can not only be found in Jetson TK1 development board and Shield tablet developed by the company, but also products such as Xiaomi MiPad, as well as Google Tango Project Tablet devkit. Acer CB5 Chromebook should also launch very soon with Tegra K1 quad core processor, a 13.3″ display, and the company claims it should last 13 hours based on Google’s power_loadtest.
- SoC- Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 @ 2.1 GHz with Kepler GPU
- System Memory – 2 to 4 GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 / 32 GB flash
- Display – 13.3″ display with 1366×768 or 1920×1080 resolution (TBC) depending on model, and optional touchscreen support
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, speakers
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Battery – 48Whr battery good for 13 hours
- Dimensions – 32.76 x 22.86 x 1.78 cm
- Weight – ~1.5 kg
The model with touchscreen will be called Chromebook 13 Touch CBS-311P, and the one without Chromebook 13 Touch CBS-311. I call the specs are preliminary as the product has not been official announced, but CB5 Chromebook has been found in a Acer professional brochure (I can’t find it there anymore), and Netbook Italia found the promo video below.