Home > AMLogic, Android > XBMC 13.2 Android and Source Code for Amlogic S802 Released

XBMC 13.2 Android and Source Code for Amlogic S802 Released

September 1st, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

Based on comments on my M8 review post, many people have troubles with XBMC stability on this hardware, and the official XBMC 13.2 release can only be used on Android 4.2.2. But there’s hope, and maybe a solution to all these problems, as stane1983 has now released XBMC 13.2 for Amlogic S802 with backports from Kodi 14 alpha, that runs on Android 4.4.2.

XBMC_13.2_S802So if you have issues with XBMC in your Amlogic S802 Android TV box, you may want to download and install XBMC Gotham 13.2 (20140831_xbmcapp-stane.apk) from Stane1983’s download section. If you have an Amlogic device running Android 4.2.2, this won’t work due to differences with Amlogic’s libplayer header files, and you need to download and install mainline XBMC 13.2 instead.

He’s also made all source available on his github account.

1. Harley
    September 1st, 2014 at 16:55 | #1

Question is why haven’t stane1983 have not yet been invited to join Team-Kodi/Team-XBMC as one of official xbmc.org developers?

Maybe he already been invited and declined the offer to join?

Point is that hope that the all and any code improvements to Kodi/XBMC will make it upstream into official mainline Kodi/XBMC.

Sad and confusing for end-users to see so many different unofficial forks of XBMC/Kodi out there, all calling their software for “XBMC” and just using different suffixes.

Best would be if end-users could just go to xbmc.org official download page for all their needs.

2. September 1st, 2014 at 18:24 | #2

@Harley
    That’s unfortunate, and IMHO it happens because products with new SoC come out before XBMC supports them. I’m not sure much can be done about this, unless the SoC manufacturers collaborate early with XBMC developers.

3. September 1st, 2014 at 20:17 | #3

@Harley

Hi,

I’d like to correct you… I’m contributing to XBMC code from time to time. Eg. initial 4K playback implementation was my pull request to Kodi, same as KitKat LibPlayer sources. But these are merged to master branch which is Kodi. I’m not sure why guys did not merge changes to Gotham branch as well… Thats why I forked Gotham branch and patched it for M8.

4. jumperout
    September 2nd, 2014 at 04:02 | #4

I don’t understand how this is news, many companies have had 4K playback on s802 for months now, since Feb. I think it should be more or less looked into for the window ranges for 4k2k displays but I think SPMC has this handled. Also I looked at the patch and noticed no HEVC, AVC, etc… which is purely in their stream_formats throughout their later sources. I guess this sets the stage for it but surely very old news.

5. jumperout
    September 2nd, 2014 at 04:23 | #5

Apologies, – see its updated recently.

6. BubbaTheCat
    September 4th, 2014 at 02:41 | #6

Hi Stane1983,

Downloaded the XBMC 13.2 to replace the default beta version on Amlogic S802 M8 (Square box) and tested.
    Audio works, but no video no matter what type of media file I tried. Reinstall the beta version and it works.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

BubbaTheCat

7. th4g00
    September 10th, 2014 at 23:53 | #7

@BubbaTheCat

You need force the video settings to 720p is a bug, i have the same problms and flash my devices severals time LOL i hope work to you…

8. Rc geronimo
    November 20th, 2014 at 01:55 | #8

I want to buy one this xbmc android s802, but everybody knows including me that the mash up was taken out of the system. What guarantee do you have that it will never happen to your upgrade android. Can I return it and have my money back. I love the mash up and that is the only reason why I am buying it. I love to watch live news and sports.

1. No trackbacks yet.