Espressif WROOM WiFi ESP8266 Modules are FCC and CE Certified
Espressif, the company behind ESP8266 (EX) Wi-Fi chip for IoT applications, has now opened store on Taobao, where they sell WROOM-02 and WROOM-02 modules based on ESP8266EX with FCC, CE, TELEC, and SRRC certifications.
WROOM-01 has some soldered headers that make it easier to use for hobbyists and prototyping, while WROOM-02 is more compact, and should be more suitable to include in your own products. But otherwise, they share about the same specifications:
- SoC – Espressif Systems ESP8266EX 32-bit RISC processor @ 80 MHz with integrated WiFi
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n with STA/AP/STA+AP operation modes
- Header – 2x 18-pin headers with SDIO 2.0, GPIOs, SPI, UART, GND and 3.3V pins
- Dimensions – 11.5mm x 11.5mm
- Temperature Range – -40C ~ 125C
- Certifications – FCC, CE, TELEC, and SRRC
The company can also provide “hardware reference design, antenna design, and SDK for secondary development”, but you’re likely to find most of what is needed for development, including the SDK, on esp8266.com. You can also checkout WROOM-02 datasheet.
Both modules sell for 20 CNY (~$3.22) on Taobao, before shipping, but in due time they should also show up on Aliexpress stores.
Thanks to Jon for the tip.