$48 MXQ Pro TV Box Features Amlogic S905 Processor with Support for 4K, 10-bit HEVC Videos
Amlogic S905 is the only low cost SoC on the market that can offer a future proof TV Box with HDMI 2.0 output compliant with HDCP 2.2, 10-bit HEVC video playback up to 2160p60, and DTS & Dolby audio pass-through. I had also been told the SoC was cheap, going for $4.50 per unit in largish quantities, and now MXQ Pro, one of the first Amlogic S905 TV Box, is available for pre-order for just $55 on GeekBuying.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0, AV
- Video Codec – [email protected] Hz video decoding 10-bit HEVC and AVS+ codec support; H.264 up to 4K 30 Hz
- Audio – HDMI, AV, coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi,
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
Please note that some specifications on GeekBuying are wrong such as HDMI 1.4b instead of HDMI 2.0 and the supported video codec are also incorrect, as they probably just copied and pasted the data from MXQ S85 based on Amlogic S805. So I corrected the specifications based on some other marketing materials I received.
The device runs Android 5.1 and ships with an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual. I reviewed MXQ S85 last year, and it ended up being the best value for money TV box among the devices I had tested in 2014, so hopefully MXQ Pro will also offer great value with features working as expected. I’ve also been informed that the Antutu score was around 29,400 on another S905 device with 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC flash.
While GeekBuying is taking pre-orders now, shipping is only scheduled for November 30, 2015, and you can find even cheaper prices on Aliexpress ($48 and up shipped).