Sinlinx SIN-A33 Plus Allwinner A33 Development Board Features LCD, MIPI-DSI, and VGA Interfaces
Allwinner A33 has never been a popular processor for development boards and single board computers, despite its $5 price tag for a quad core processor (in 2014), as without HDMI support, it’s been mostly used in low cost Android tablets. But this morning, I’ve come across Sinlinx company on linux-sunxi mailing list, and one of their latest development board – Sinlinx SIN-A33 Plus – is based on their older Allwinner A33 and features LCD, VGA & camera interfaces, I/Os headers, Ethernet and WiFi/Bt connectivity, and various other ports.
Sinlinx SIN-A33 Plus specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A33 quad core Cortex-A7 @ 1.3 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB eMMC, SD card slot
- Video Output – LCD connector, MIPI DSI header, and VGA port
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jacks for microphone and headphone, speaker header
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Other Expansion Headers – User I/O, Camera
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Misc- Power, reset, volume and home buttons
- Power Supply – 5V via power barrel; 2-pin battery header; AXP233 PMIC on CPU module
- Dimensions – Mainboard: 145 x 108 mm; CPU module: 63 x 48 mm
There’s actually very little information about SIN-A33 Plus, but there are more details about its smaller predecessor that lacks VGA, Ethernet and wireless connectivity, and a few other features. The company provided me a link to the SDK (password: xfux) with Android 4.4 and Linux 3.4 + Qt 4.8.7, as well as documentation (mostly in Chinese).
SIN-A33 board also have its own page on linux-sunxi community, and while there isn’t any support for Allwinner A33 on the legacy kernel (3.4), there’s some support in mainline U-boot and Linux with sun8i-a33-sina33.dtb device tree binary. This is all for the older board, so modifications would be needed for the new features of SIN-A33 Plus board.