TOPEET iTOP4412 Exynos 4412 Boards Support Up to 3 LCD Displays, GPS, 3G, 4x UARTs, etc…
Beijing TOPEET Electronics iTOP4412 board based on Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 processor, and a developer has very recently committed patchsets to mainline Linux kernel to add support for the board. Exynos 4412 is not quite the latest and most powerful processor, but the board is still interesting due to mainline Linux support, and some hardware features like interfaces for up to 3 LCD displays plus HDMI, two DB9 serial interfaces, two camera interfaces, and more.
iTOP4412 is comprised of the company’s Exynos 4412 SoM and a baseboard with the following specifications:
- SoC – Samsung Exynos 4412 quad-core Cortex A9 clocked at up to 1.4GHz-1.6GHz + ARM Mali-400MP4 GPU @ 440MHz
- System Memory – 1 GB dual channel DDR3
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash and microSD slot
- Video Output / Display IF – HDMI 1.4 port, 2x LVDS interfaces (including one via an HDMI connector?), 1x LCD RGB interface
- Audio I/O – 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks, and HDMI
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet + WiFi header
- Serial – 2x DB9 serial ports
- Camera – Camera header (0.5 to 2.0MP camera) + MIPI CSI header
- Other Expansion headers – A/D header, UART+Keypad+GPS header, 20-pin GPIO header, and JTAG header
- Misc – Reset button, power switch, DIP switch, 5 user keys (Home, Back, Sleep, Vol+/-), RTC + battery, buzzer
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via power barrel
- PCB Dimension – 190 x 110 mm
The board is shipped with a power adapter, a serial cable, a USB cable, a HDMI cable, an Ethernet cable, and a CD ROM with schematic (PDF), the baseboard PCB (Allegro), source code for the drivers, chip and LCD data sheet, development environment tools and product manuals. There’s also a github account that’s not been updated for a over a year but include the Linux kernel used in the Android 4.4 image, u-boot, Linux rootfs, and Android SDK.
The hardware described above is iTOP4412 精英版 (Elite Edition), but there’s also iTOP4412 全能版 (Almighty Edition) with built-in GPS, 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth, four DB9 serial port, and more. That model apparently comes with an Exynos 4412 module with 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC flash.
Bear in mind that Hardkernel phased out ODROD-U3 board because they could not source Exynos 4412 SoC last year or so, so long term availability of the boards are unclear. You can however purchase iTOP4412 Elite board on Banggood for $128.53. In case the company decided to phase out their iTOP4412 boards and SoM, you should be able to fallback on the company’s solutions based on Samsung S5P4418 and S5P6818 processors. More details can be fond on TOPEET website (Chinese only).
Thanks to Nobe for the tip.