SDMC DV8219-LTE Android TV Box Comes with a Built-in 4G LTE Modem
Most users connect their TV boxes to the Internet through WiFi or Ethernet, but in some specific use case, such as digital signage in mass transport or in remote locations, it might be useful to get access to cellular networks. We’ve seen a few Android TV boxes with a built-in 3G modem in the past including CS918S and MBX-3G, but the former is based on the rather old Allwinner A31s processor, and the latter did not raise enough found on Indiegogo. But there’s nothing new, as SDMC DV8219-LTE is a more recent TV box powered by Amlogic S905X processor and running Android 6.0, equipped with a 4G LTE modem.
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core Cortex A53 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with a Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 SDRAM (2GB as option)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (4 to 64GB as option) + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a with CEC / HDCP2.2, 3.5mm AV port
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- 10/100M Ethernet port
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (Dual band optional)
- Optional Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in 4G Module:
- FDD-LTE ( B1/B3/B8), TDD-LTE (B38/B39/B40/B41), WCDMA/HSPA+ (B1/B8), TD-SCDMA (B34/B39), CDMA 1x/EVDO, GSM.
- Throughput – LTE up to 150/50Mbps; WCDMA: 42/5.76 Mbps; TD-SCDMA: 4.2/2.2 Mbps
- Max. Transmitter Power – Class 3 for LTE, WCDMA, and CDMA
- Standard 6-pin SIM card interface
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR expansion port; IR receiver; power, IR, and network LEDs; power key
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 120 x 120 x 28 mm
- Temperature Range – 0~40℃ (operating)
The box will ship with an IR remote control, a user’s manual, a power adapter, and an HDMI cable. What we don’t know is the price of the device, but interested parties should be able to inquire the company via the manufacturer’s product page.